Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lizzy's outfit.


I mentioned in my last post that I would post next time about the outfit I made Lizzy. OK well here it goes.

I used this pattern....



McCalls 6153

I have to say that I like this pattern. Cute and easy peasy!
This was the first real thing I had ever made from stretch knits and I was really excited about it!
Ever since I got my serger for my birthday last year I have said that I need to get over it and start sewing with some stretch material..So now I have and I love it!
I made a size 4 and I do think the pattern runs a little big compared to RTW.
I would size it closer to a 5.
So it is too big for Lizzy. But she will grow in to it.
(Hopefully..lol)



The top!
Bought the stretch knit from Hobby Lobby.


I eliminated the elastic in the sleeves and just left if short sleeve. I figured living in Louisiana she would get more wear out of it that way and I really didn't want to do the elastic in the sleeve. I usually get one arm bigger than the other and then the elastic in the sleeve may get too tight as she grows before she out grows the rest of the shirt. So I thought in my situation this option would be the best.



upclose of front






back buttons

i know i messed up and the placket is crooked
i didnt notice this till after I was done.
oh well...
i will be sure to double check that next time.
: o )~



my little label..
oooohhhh weeeee





The pants

Easy Easy Easy!!!





another little tag...
ohhhh weeee!!!

Yes I need help! Sorry!



tryin to get a pic!
would not stop playing long enough!


still no pic


COME ON LIZZY!!!!















OK TY!!
beggers cant be choosers!




Overall I really liked the pattern, think it turned out great, and had a happy little girl!


The last part is really all that matters!






Until next time,
Sarah













1 comment:

Ruth said...

Adorable outfit! And your daughter looks so happy with it.

I love the Hobby Lobby knit. I made my daughter a top and a nightgown out of the same print. Be glad it's big, because that knit does shrink--a lot.