Sunday, June 1, 2008

Simplicity 5552


OK I promised the other day when I was blogging about all my little PIGS that I would post the finished shirt. Well I forgot. So here it is.....








This is when I was trying to put the neck facing on.
It did not look like I was going to do very good.






Oh yeah!! They make it look so easy!!!






Well I guess I did OK. I was surprised that it worked out.






The inside of the shirt with the facing all flattened and pinned down.
I was so proud that I didnt screw it up. LOL






The finished shirt. Not too bad. I remember now when I first started making this shirt I was making a wearable muslin. I used some $1.00 a yard fabric that I bought at Wal-Mart and told myself if it turns out OK then I can at least wear it and all that work will not go wasted. So now I know why I was making this shirt.

Again remember when I took these pics the date was wrong on the camera.
;0)



Back of the shirt.




Side of the shirt. For some reason I did not cut out the armhole facings for this shirt so I had to use bias tape. Go figure. I dont know why I did that.
And of course I could not find anymore of the fabric.




Up close of the front. I like the gathering detail.
That is why I chose this pattern.
I lack in the booby area and need all the help I can get.
LOL
:o)







Another upclose view. I am just proud of this.






Well that is it for the shirt. This is also the first time that I have shown my dressform too. Her name is Matilda. Just thought I would give her a proper introduction.
I am so jealous of her.
She can loose weight with just a crank of a dial and all my clothes
look better on her than they do on me.




Another thing was after finishing this shirt I got to smelling something. I was hoping my house was not on fire. Everything got dimmer in the house and when I looked out the window I couldn't see anything except smoke. The neighbor was burning all the wheat fields that surround my house! In front, sides and back!! I was a little house in the middle of a blaze. Of course my house was not damaged. The farmer is very good at what he does. Thank God. But I thought I would share pics of what I seen. Actually the smoke had died down a little by the time I got the camera and enough nerve to open the front door.





Back door


Back door






Side view from my sewing room




Front

Keeping in mind...this is a bright sunny day.




Well that is it for now... Until next time,
Sarah



No comments: