Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My First Blog

OK so here we go. I decided to get on board and start an independent blog about sewing. I have been blogging on myspace (kind of) about sewing but I wanted something exclusively to do with sewing. This also helps me keep up with what I have done. I have so many things that I have made that I did not take pictures of or tell about that I now regret. I have been going through some pictures from years ago and I want to show off what I have done and so forth.
I have recently sent in my subscription to Ottobre magazine. OMG I can not wait till it gets here! OMG I can not believe I just spent that much on a damn magazine! Especially one that no one I know knows anything about. My husband just shook his head. Oh well. Usually I don't have the money to spend on something like that but I took part of the stimulus check we got from the gov. and spent it on that. I should not have to buy another pattern for the kids again. There are so many cute things in that magazine! The only thing is I do not have a serger. So I am kind of nervous about that. Most of the things I want to make should be done on a serger. Well, I told my husband to tell everyone for my Birthday to go in together and get me one. LOL There is a Singer at Wally World for $200.00 that I think would do the job.
I have been afraid of one over the years and talked myself out of one but since I am getting the magazine and want to get more serious in my sewing efforts, I need to get one. That is all it is to it. And learn how to use it!!!
I have taught myself a lot over the years about sewing. Thank god for the Internet!! I really learn a lot off of here.
Well I guess I need to stop for now. I will start working on putting somethings up that I have made so my blog will have pics. I have also been working on my "sewing space". Actually it is the utility room. Since I have had 2 kids- I have lost my sewing room! I really need a space with all the goodies I have. Well that is enough rambling for now. I know my grammar is not correct but I don't care. You get the point and let me remind you that you are reading a country gal's blog. LOL
Until next time,
Sarah

No comments: